Monday, July 18, 2005

Stern Grove Festival

Show: The Stern Grove Festival
Headliner: Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Opener: Linda Tillery and the Cultural Heritage Choir
Location: Stern Grove, San Francisco, CA
Date: Sunday, July 17, 2005

This was another show at the Stern Grove. Like the symphony show, the weather was overcast and gloomy. Worse than symphony show though, the placed was absolutely packed and we had to get seats way up the hill and behind trees. We had absolutely no view of the show. At least not without walking around. We could hear it though.

This time I didn't bring as much food. The food they have their is good, but wow is it expensive. I'll have to remember to go this thing prepared whenever I go again. The picnic was enjoyable though, as my friend who organized did remember to bring plenty of beer.

The Cultural Heritage Choir put on an enjoyable show. It's not something I too into but I certainly enjoyed the show.

Ladysmith Black Mambazo put on a good show too. They are a no instruments kind of band, doing everything with voices. It's always neat how they can get so many sounds and such rhythm without instruments. It was also clear, from how much jumping around and such they did, that they were having a great time during the show.

Once again, not my focus area, so I can't really offer much in the way of insightful criticism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home